Monday, 8 April 2013

What have I achieved?


What have I achieved? thats the question which starts bothering a person who has achieved his goal but failed to dream about the next. He might have achieved what he dreamt of, but he is not satisfied with himself. This is the kind of situation I was in, a few months ago.

I recently graduated as a Chartered Accountant (CA) or CPA from Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and secured 75% overall score in my Bachelors degree, which I simultaneously completed while I was pursuing my CA course. After I completed both of them, I felt very happy thinking that I had achieved my dream. It was my dream to pursue Chartered Accountancy and my bachelors degree together. But after I graduated as a CA, I lost the sheen of dreaming of what I wanted to be next, as I had already achieved what I wanted.

As days passed by I started to have a strange feeling, What have I achieved in life? and many other questions occurred to me for which I had no answers. A few days passed by as I thought I would feel better after I started to work. I started to compare myself with others and was feeling low thinking that I had not achieved anything. This feeling kept increasing and started bothering me more and more. This feeling of mine made me think I could not achieve anything in life, Im loser et al. It started to demotivate me and negativity started to fill my mind.

Once I was discussing this situation of mine with my fiancée. What she said was amazing and life turning. She said, You have achieved something that very few were capable of achieving, you should be proud of yourself. She advised me saying that, You need to reward yourself for what you have achieved, which would act as a catalyst for you to aim for much higher goals in the future. She also reminded me to think of all the things that I had achieved in my life so far.

This interaction with her made me think of what all I had achieved in my past years which I had forgotten by the influence of negativity and de-motivation. It made me realize that there is potential in me to do anything that I wanted and also that it is never too late to dream for what I wanted to become in life. I would like to share here a statement which she said to me, Always thinking positive, gives positive results, thats so true, to be frank.

After this, I tried out the things she said. The results were amazing, it worked wonders on me. I started feeling and thinking positive about myself. My work life and efficiency started improving. Whenever I felt de-motivated or low, I just thought of what all I had achieved in my past. This positive feeling fuelled the energy in me to dream big and make me feel good about myself. This made me realize that, A person should have self-confidence and should like themselves for what they are and not to compare with others

So that's the message I'd like to convey to my readers. Comments are welcome!

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely Brilliant! You are what you are because you desired to be where you are. To be ahead and higher is possible only when you love where you are and aim for where you want to be... Great Msg and a neat blog! Appreciate. Write more often for us to learn often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @sujit lalwani - Thank you for your invaluable comment.. After reading your book, "Life Simplified", I was put into a lot of thinking. The result of this thought process is the blog.. Its a great book to read and re-read and think over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good one Ritesh. Reminds me of the saying 'Everthing that you do, starts with the mind. If you manage to keep your mind positive, there's no doubt in you seeing positive results'. Thank you for the eye-opener!
    - Satish chandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ satish chandra - Thank you for the awesome quote :)

    ReplyDelete