Wednesday, 20 March 2013

Wasting Time = Wasting Life, agree with me?

Have you ever encountered a situation where you are forced to stay at home, without any work?? Well, today I encountered this situation….

Many of us have encountered this situation at least once, trying to make sense of what to do.

When I started to think what to do alone at home, couldn't think of anything. Watched TV for a while but got bored of it. Stood out in the balcony for a while, still didn't feel any better. After a while of thinking, began to feel that I was wasting a very good part of my workable lifetime. This feeling of boredom led me to think about the amount of time I have wasted in the past many years.

After a point of time I got bored to the core, remembered my fiancĂ©e telling me that reading a book made her very happy when she was alone, so immediately tried reading a book, believe it or not, I felt happy reading it. It was something relating to my profession (Taxation). I couldn't believe myself that I had the capacity to read such a boring topic/subject with such enthusiasm when I was bored to death. It was the first time that I had tired out reading a book when I was bored, after completing my studies. :D

So thinking positively even in the most boring or most trying situations, gives a person instant solutions to overcome such situations. Also having positive people around you make you feel positive and helps you in using your time in the most productive way and also makes you feel happy that you accomplished something. I wish to quote here a beautiful line said by my friend SUJIT LALWANI “When you go to bed at night, think whether you have accomplished something useful today”, this line made so much sense today.

Finally I realized that “WASTING TIME = WASTING LIFE”. Think twice before wasting time, as time lost once is lost forever.

Your comments suggestions are welcome…

No comments:

Post a Comment